10 must see places in New Zealand
Let's be honest, there are THOUSANDS of things you will want to see and do when coming here. New Zealand is simply amazing! From rugged mountains to pristine beaches, from geothermal wonders to bright starry skies, it is hard to choose where to spend the most time.
We tried to narrow it down to 10 things that you cannot miss in New Zealand for a working holiday adventure. In no particular order:
- Penguin encounter.
Hang out with the wild blue penguin colony in Oamaru.
- Emerald Lake.
On top on Mt Tongariro, this peaceful jewel awaits.
- Milford Sound.
Described as “the 8th wonder of the world”.
- Rotorua geothermal park.
From bubbly mud to bright orange lake, you'll be amazed!
Well if you come all the way to Middle Earth, you have to live a day like a Hobbit.
- Waitomo Glowworm Cave.
This is an unforgettable experience – a favorite amongst many backpackers.
- Hike inside a glacier.
Franz Josef and Fox glaciers offer a wide range of guided tours. Get the crampons on!
- Bay of Islands.
The bay is home to 144 islands and many dolphin pods.
- Abel Tasman National Park.
Golden sand beaches and luxuriant rainforest meet in this paradise.
The adrenalin capital of New Zealand is any backpacker's ideal city.
Work & Travel article list
- Work and travel in New Zealand
- The picking seasons in New Zealand
- Get a Tax Refund From New Zealand
- What is the best transportation method in New Zealand?
- New Zealand working holiday arrival packs
- 10 packing hacks for a working holiday visa in New Zealand
- 10 must see places in New Zealand
- Is New Zealand safe?
- Cost of life in New Zealand
- Weather and climate in New Zealand
- Hike in New Zealand
- 7 The Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit locations that you can visit
- 10 facts about New Zealand that will amaze you
- Best airlines to New Zealand
- Time difference and daylight saving in New Zealand
- The 10 most useful websites for a Working Holiday visa in New Zealand